Wow, thanks so much! That means a lot to me. :)
r a w f r u i t a r i a n p i z z a
WHAT IS IN THIS?
- Eat your fruit ripe always! Use all your senses – sight,touch & smell to choose your fruit. Unripe fruit will negatively impact your digestion. Check out this thread about fruit ripeness.
- Eat high water content fruits early in the day & move onto denser fruits as the day goes on.
- If u are feeling emotional, check to make sure u have had enough SWS – Sugar, Water, Sleep
- For a great youth preserver, on waking drink 1 litre of water & aim for at least another 1 litre throughout the day
- Aim to eat mono meals as much as possible especially throughout the day, this is heaven on digestion
- Munch down Date-orade! Blend about 20-30 dates with 1.2 liters of water (how much water depends on your taste). Date-orade is a great to top up on calories. Sip throughout the day or sit down to a morning/lunch meal. Great for endurance events.
- Always be prepared with enough ripe fruit on hand – Buy a box of bananas & let them ripen up so u never go hungry
- If u are thirsty then u are already dehydrated, stay on top of hydration or u will encourage wrinkles, headaches, fluid retention & general disharmony in the body. Clear urine throughout the day – 8-12 times
- Keep fat levels low! We are designed to get most of our calories from sweet juicy fruits not fats. Too much fat in the body raw or cooked inhibits oxygen uptake, transfer & delivery
- Stop being a ‘candida-feeder‘ & learn about proper food combing. Fruit likes to be eaten alone & preferably mono
- Get your fruit meal in ideally within an hour of completing your workout to receive optimal training effect.
- Squat on the toilet instead of sitting, if we sit it kinks our bowels…there’s no toilets in nature folks! We are ment to squat!
- Get the 80-10-10 book by Dr Doug Graham!
- Get sunshine on your pink bits as much as possible & reap the benefits of balanced hormones & emotions
- Eat before u go out to social occasions & take ripe fruit with u for when u are faced with Canapes at the party
- Make sure u are getting 10gms of carbs per kg of body weight per day
- In nature we would get 12hrs of sleep by going to bed on sundown & getting up at sunrise, this may not be always possible but this is optimal.
- Always have an attitude of gratitude! Write down 4 things u are grateful for daily, some people would give anything to be you.
This is strawberry pie, otherwise known as heavenly deliciousness. And all you need to make this meal from the fruit gods are dates and strawberries.
Mush the dates into the bottom (or blend them with a little bit of water to make it into a paste). Stick the date crust into the freezer. Slice strawberries. Blend some more strawberries. Mix the sliced strawberries into the saucy strawberries. Take the date crust out of the freezer. Put the saucy sliced strawberries into the date crust. Try to control yourself as you scarf down your 80-10-10-approved dessert-for-dinner. (Or lunch. Or breakfast. Or snack.)
For alternative sauces, you could thaw out some frozen strawberries and use the sauce that pools on the bottom. I did that yesterday for Easter dinner and it was awesome. You could also blend some dates into the strawberries, or just use some thick dateorade. I don’t think you can really go wrong here.
I don’t know you all, but I am sure you’re wonderful, fantastic people. Let’s be fruity together.
It’s actually kind of hard to say, as my transition to a completely raw diet was long and when I was raw, I didn’t have easy access to cooked foods. However, I’m sure I can scrounge up some tips. :)
First, make sure you’re eating a variety of foods. If you’re only eating two or three types of fruits, you might lose your taste for them and run the risk of falling off the wagon. It’s tough in the winter, but during the summer, take advantage of every fruit available to you. It’s fine to have staples, but if you try and have at least one meal a day that’s different from your norm, it’ll give you a range of vitamins and minerals in addition to being helpful mentally. Love what you’re eating. Every meal should be enjoyable.
It might be weird at first, but don’t feel pressured by social situations to eat or not eat a certain way. I hear of people all the time who ordered something at a restaurant they might not have if it had just been them, or who feel like they can’t have the correct portion sizes because it might be awkward. Eat the way you want to eat, whether that means mashed potatoes or a 10-pound watermelon.
This one I can speak for from vast personal experience: if you’re aiming for a low-fat raw vegan diet (which is the only raw diet I recommend), don’t fall into the trap of thinking that just because something is raw, it’s good for you. I’ve struggled with packaged high-fat raw snacks up until this day. A recent incident with them has scared me off of them for now, but I can’t say that I’ve kicked them for good. They may satisfy cravings, but stick to fruit and you most likely won’t have those cravings in the first place. A good rule, whether raw or not, is to think of things that come from either a tree or the ground as food and things in sealed bags or containers as non-food. It will help you out immensely.
That sounds like a great meal plan. Juice or a thin smoothie is perfect for breakfast - when in Hawaii during orange season, I’d have 8 cups of OJ every morning. I’ve gotten into the habit of having a savory meal for lunch, but ideally, yes, you would have fruit all day and salad as dinner or an hour or two after dinner. But if you’re going to have salad for dinner, make sure you’re either not very hungry, or else eat fruit with it. Consuming enough is key.
That’s all the most important stuff I can think of. If you have any specific questions about the diet, I’m here and happy to help. I hope it brings you the results you want!
THE RAW VEGAN NETWORK
- any raw vegan blogs can join!
- you don’t have to be following me
- to join reblog this post and you’ll be added to the network
if your blog contains any of the following
- unhealthy dieting tips
- glorification of eating disorders or mental illness
- animal cruelty/animal products (this includes honey!)
you will be removed from the network.
there’s no time limit to this keep on reblogging it for ever if you want! The network will have unlimited blogs. It’s just an easier way for other raw vegan blogs to find each other!
*I have no idea if someones done this yet. If you have and you’re offended that I took your idea message me and i’ll close the network (if it’s not big by the time you message me. Because then closing it would just be stupid)
ALSO FOLLOW THE NETWORK: http://therawvegannetwork.tumblr.com/
OOH I get rambutans! :D
(Source: , via potna)
Like you said, I genuinely love what I eat! It’s a wonderful feeling to love to eat things that love you back. :)
Fruitarianism is the epitome of the raw food diet: it is the only raw food diet - or any diet whatsoever - that makes sense in a world without dehydrators, grocery stores, or utensils. It’s the most sustainable diet, both in personal health/commitment and the environment. And it’s absolutely delicious! There’s honestly no downside to this diet. If you do decide to follow it, I bet you’ll find it to be as awesome and rewarding as I do.
I was chuckling a bit as I was reading, but then the pickle and ketchup sandwich killed me.
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
So envious…. I’ve never had a fresh lychee…. It’s on my list of things I really want to try :)
These are actually rambutans, guys. :) Which are better than lychees, in my opinion.
OH MY GOD I AM SO JEALOUS.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE FRUIT RIGHT HERE.
When I was in Florida last week I saw a car shaped like a banana. This is every picture I could get of it.
is that Florida Man
His fucking license plate says SPLIT
This could be the Bananamobile. This could be the vessel for a group of fruitarians (called Fruit-Batmen) who do drive-by fruitings (which would entail running up to people and replacing their junk food with fruit).
This is my new goal in life. Let’s make this happen.